Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sewing project

I went to a local sewing shop yesterday where I made this super easy bag with a zipper.  I had never done a zipper before and now I'm so confident, I can't wait to make another bag.  The bag was vinyl so I couldnt pin it but that didn't make it any less difficult, we used sewer's double sided tape to place the zipper.  The needle did get a little gunky, but the tape is water soluble so you just have to wipe it off.
 This is the bag inside out.

 Here's the bottom.
The measurements were 8 x 10 inches.  After cutting that, we started sewing on the zipper.  Once that was done, we sewed the sides, make sure the zipper is OPEN.  For more info on the corners, watch my video.  I then flipped it inside out and was done.
P.S. The last seam was 2 inches up from the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment